Lo esencial es invisible a los ojos.

lunes, 28 de marzo de 2011

Before you say anything,” she looks nervous, “I know this is weird, but I need you to hear me out.” She bites her lip and crosses her arms. Her cheeks are flushed and her hair is wet and tangled. She hesitates, then turns her body in the direction of the couch. “Can we sit?
I look at the couch. “Sure. Let me change real quick.” I walk quickly to my bedroom, breathing as quietly as possible. Once I shut the door I let out a huge breath. What the hell is happening?
I grab a clean shirt and jeans, throw them on, grab a hairbrush, and brush it through. I take a quick glance in the mirror. I don’t look completely terrible, just tired.
Natalie smiles at me as I walk in. A rush of nostalgia goes through me. I try to ignore it, but it hurts in all the best and worst ways. I clear my throat after I sit next to her. She reaches out for my hand. My heart is pounding.
I’m quiet. “Remind me again why you’re here…
Her voice is calm but full of feeling. “Look at me.” She touches the side of my face. I turn and look at her. The emotion on her face is powerful, but I don’t understand it. “I know this is fucking weird, okay? I know that. But listen to me. I’m gonna put it bluntly. Not a day has gone by where I haven’t thought about you.” She looks away and blinks. “Not even nights. I dream about you all the time.
I try to resist my shaking. It doesn’t work. “Sorry,” I mutter.
She looks back at me and smiles lightly. The way the light from outside is shining on her face gives me butterflies. Her lips look soft and delicate. She’s so beautiful.
Do you mind if I change into something less…” she looks down, “…wet?” I nod and half-smile.
Thanks.” She smiles back.
We walk over to my bedroom. I follow her. After we step inside, she takes off her boots and scarf. She watches as I sit on the bed. We make eye contact before I turn away to let her change. I hear her clothes rustling and shut my eyes as I hear them fall to the floor, trying to breathe less heavily. The rustling stops.“Charlee…” she says all of the sudden.
Yes,” I say, my heart pounding.
She swallows. Her lips are just slightly parted before she speaks. “All I want to do is kiss you.” She says it so softly it’s almost a whisper.
I turn slowly. Her hair is still damp and sticks to her skin. The only thing remaining on her body is a pair of dark blue panties.I look into her eyes, stand up, and run my fingers through my dirty blond hair. As we step closer to each other, she parts her lips. Everything feels so old and so new.
I pull a strand of hair back behind her ear and touch her collarbone. She looks at me, then presses her warm lips against mine. Suddenly, nothing matters. I get chills throughout my entire body. I feel like I can’t breathe.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario